Located at 641 D Street, NW (right off the corner of 7th & D), our dynamic 265-seat courtyard-style theater is just steps away from the Metro, museums, the National Mall, and wonderful restaurants and retail shops.
This “transparent theatrical laboratory,” designed by award-winning architect Mark McInturff and Theatre Projects Consultants, offers patrons a glimpse into the spirit of our entire operation, with glass-walled rehearsal, classroom, and administrative spaces, as well as a spectacular two-tiered lobby. The new Woolly Mammoth is a bustling place to experience the leading edge of theater with theatergoers, artists, and students rubbing elbows at hundreds of performances every year.
Woolly Mammoth stands upon occupied, unceded territory. Read our land acknowledgement here.
Our 265-seat theatre features eight box sections, a balcony, and is wheelchair accessible. Please note that many of our shows use specialized stage and seat layouts to enhance the audience experience. Maps of the layouts of current and upcoming shows will also be posted to this page.
RENT OUR SPACE
Woolly Mammoth Theatre Company is a modern, versatile event venue in the heart of DC’s Penn Quarter. Woolly is offering use of four distinct spaces: our multi-tiered lobby, which features a spectacular light wall, our theatre, our flexible rehearsal hall, and our classroom.
Woolly Mammoth’s new theater has been honored with a number of awards for its architecture and design by McInturff Architects.
- AMERICAN INSITITUTE OF ARCHITECTS (AIA)—2006 Institute Honor Awards for Architecture
- AIA, MARYLAND STATE COMPONENT —2005 Merit Award
- AIA, WASHINGTON CHAPTER—2005 Annual Architecture Awards
- AIA, POTOMAC VALLEY CHAPTER—2005 Annual Design Award Competition
- UNITED STATES INSTITUTE FOR THEATRE TECHNOLOGY—2006 Honor Award
- Read “On D Street NW, A Theatre That Wins Applause” in The Washington Post