The Second City's She the People: The Resistance Continues!
December 1, 2019 - January 5, 2020
- Directed by Carly Heffernan
- Created by The Second City
- 2 hours, including a 15 minute intermission
The Second City returns for a fresh, fierce, and fabulous SHE-quel.
The Second City returns to Woolly with a freshly written show inspired by the 2018 all-female, all-funny blockbuster, She the People. This brand new version further satirizes the reality of being a woman in this wild world, exploding the myths and misrepresentations surrounding body positivity, bachelorettes, Beyoncé, and the 2020 ballot.
"It’s a no-brainer to bring back last year’s all-female, all-star team. This is a dynamic experiment for Woolly and The Second City, to create innovative material and play with the continuity of beloved characters with this comedy troupe in a way unique to Woolly, DC, and the country."
- Maria Manuela Goyanes, Artistic Director
- Pay-What-You-Will performances are Dec 1 and Dec 3. Tickets for both performances will be available for purchase via the TodayTix app and TodayTix website beginning at 10 AM on Monday, Nov 25. They'll remain on sale online until 5 PM on the day of the performance (or until they're sold out). If we still have tickets left, they will be sold at the box office on a first-come, first-served basis starting at 6 PM.
- A captioned performance of She The People: The Resistance Continues will be offered on Saturday, December 14 at 8 PM
SHE THE PEOPLE contains audience participatory moments that are designed to be fully accessible, discussions and depictions of racism, sexism, profanity, and usage of a prop gun. For a detailed summary of the show, INCLUDING SPOILERS, please click here. If you have further questions about any content please contact our box office at 202.393.3939.
"A funny, fiercely political sketch-comedy show"
"Like The Vagina Monologues, if it were freaking hilarious"
Buzz Center Stage