Berlin Theatertreffen Festival Theater Tour
MONDAY, MAY 7 - Sunday, May 13
After incredible trips to New York, London, Chicago, The Humana Festival, and CATF, we are excited to announce an exclusive opportunity to travel with Woolly to the 56th Annual Theatertreffen Festival in Berlin!
Experience this world famous theater festival on an intimate trip with Woolly’s Artistic Director Howard Shalwitz, Managing Director Meghan Pressman, and a special guest artist. You’ll enjoy tickets to the festival performances, exclusive conversations and behind-the-scenes access with Berlin theater artists and experts, and sightseeing opportunities.
About the Theatertreffen Festival
Every year in May, Germany’s most important theater festival brings together theater-makers, journalists and guests from all over the world in Berlin. The centrepiece of the Theatertreffen is formed by the ten “most notable productions,” which are chosen every year by an independent jury of critics from a possible 400 performances of the season. Most shows (if not all) will have English subtitles. The full festival schedule of performances will be announced in late March.
- Tickets to 6-8 shows, to be finalized in April when the Festival schedule is announced
- 7 days and 6 nights at a five star hotel in the heart of Berlin with daily breakfast
- Selected group dinners and lunches
- Educational enrichment opportunities with Howard Shalwitz and Berlin theater artists and experts
- Nightly “Fireside Chats” with Howard to reflect on the shows and artist meetings
- Selected sightseeing trips
- And more!
Rates and payment information
$4,500 - $5,500 per person based on double occupancy ($9,000 - $11,000 per couple)
$2,000 single supplement ($6,500 - $7,500 per person based on single occupancy)
Pricing is subject to change based on the number of participants.
A portion of the travel price ($1,000 per person) is a tax-deductible charitable contribution to Woolly Mammoth Theatre Company. Tax receipts will be sent immediately following the trip.
The following are not included in the cost of the trip:
- Flights to/from Berlin, to allow you flexibility in your travel plans
- Airport transfers to the hotel
- Some meals and transportation
- Any other item or service not listed as included
Because of the tremendous interest in this trip and the limited number of places available in order to maintain a special experience for all attendees, reservations will be on a strictly first-come, first-served basis.
If you have any questions, would like additional information, or if you are interested in joining us on this trip, please contact:
Sarah Slobodien Dovere, Director of Organizational Advancement
The deadline to RSVP is Friday, January 12, 2018. Once the total number of attendees is finalized, we will be in touch with confirmed pricing and payment schedule information.