Woolly Mammoth Theatre Company was founded in Washington, DC in 1980. Now in its 37th Season, Woolly is "the hottest theatre company in town” (Washington Post), “known for its productions of innovative new plays” (New York Times). We’ve garnered this reputation by holding fast to our unique mission:
To ignite an explosive engagement between theatre artists and the community by developing, producing, and promoting new plays that explore the edges of theatrical style and human experience, and by implementing new ways to use the artistry of theatre to serve the people of Greater Washington, DC.
Thanks for your interest in joining “Washington’s most daring theatre company” (New York Times).
BOX OFFICE SUPERVISOR
Reports to: Associate Director of Audience Services
Basic Job Description: The Box Office Supervisor will act as the manager on duty during evening and weekend performances, as well as occasional daytime hours when the Associate Director of Audience Services is not present. The Box Office Supervisor will ensure that all Box Office operations run smoothly and that patrons are provided excellent service over the phone, in person, and via email. Experience in customer service, staff management, ticketing, and general knowledge of the theater are important for success in this role. The Box Office Supervisor position is part time, approximately 5-15 hours per week, with a flexible schedule. Night and weekend availability is required, and some weekday work hours are also available.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process daily ticket and subscription sales
- Supervise Box Office operations
- Provide excellent customer service and thorough information to patrons
- Understand and implement all box office procedures
- Manage cash banks and reconcile sales reports with cash on hand
- Perform general administrative tasks as assigned. Including but not limited to ticket sales, data maintenance, and handling inbound and outbound calls
Skills and Experience:
- Professional, friendly phone manner
- Prior experience in ticket sales and customer service
- Ability to problem solve and resolve issues in a timely and appropriate manner
- Acute attention to detail
- Knowledge of Tessitura strongly preferred; but will train right person
How to apply: Please email cover letter, resume, and references to Associate Director of Audience Services, Jennifer Sowinski at email@example.com. Please include “Box Office Supervisor Application” in the title of your email.