Woolly Mammoth, a national innovator in the development and production of new plays, is one of the best known theaters in the country. For almost four decades, Woolly has held a rare position at the leading edge of the American theater, earning a reputation for staying “uniquely plugged in to the mad temper of the times” (New York Times). We’ve garnered that reputation by holding fast to our mission to create rousing, visceral, enlightening theater experiences that galvanize diverse artists and audiences to engage with our world in unexpected and often challenging ways.
Woolly’s core values are:
We are a radically inclusive community—across race, ethnicity, nationality, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical ability, socioeconomic background, and political viewpoint—in which all are encouraged to exchange ideas freely and reach for new understanding.
We are a supportive home for creative risk-taking by our company and guest artists, staff, board, volunteers, audiences, donors, and colleagues.
Through relentless inquiry and experimentation, we strive for world-class excellence and innovation in every aspect of our work.
The Concessionaire reports to the Audience Services Manager and is responsible for the sale of beverages, food, and merchandise during performances and special events. This includes set-up of the workspace, sales during pre-show and intermission, and clean-up and restocking at the end of every shift.
Responsibilities of the position
- Provide excellent customer service to all patrons
- Sell concessions and merchandise to patrons before shows and during intermission
- Proficiently handle monetary transactions
- Re-stock inventory prior to shows and at the end of each shift
- Maintain a clean and organized concessions space
Required skills / capabilities
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Prior experience in food handling, bartending and/or customer service
- Acute attention to detail
- Familiarity working in a performing arts setting
- Ability to multi-task and work as part of a team
- Applicants must be age 21 or older
- Weeknight and weekend availability is a must
- Hours vary from 10-20 hours a week, depending on show schedule and availability.
To apply, please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please. Woolly Mammoth Theatre Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.