Woolly Mammoth Theatre Company was founded in Washington, DC in 1980. Now in its 37th Season, Woolly is "the hottest theatre company in town” (Washington Post), “known for its productions of innovative new plays” (New York Times). We’ve garnered this reputation by holding fast to our unique mission:
To ignite an explosive engagement between theatre artists and the community by developing, producing, and promoting new plays that explore the edges of theatrical style and human experience, and by implementing new ways to use the artistry of theatre to serve the people of Greater Washington, DC.
Thanks for your interest in joining “Washington’s most daring theatre company” (New York Times).
Part-Time House Manager
The House Manager is responsible for patron safety and comfort during performances and oversees volunteer ushers during each shift. House Managers must be CPR certified, knowledge of accessibility, customer service, and standard emergency procedures are essential. All front of house staff positions are part-time with evening and weekend hours.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee all Front of House operations before and during a performance
- Coordinate, train, and supervise volunteer ushers
- Communicate with Stage Management and Box Office
- Greet and direct patrons
- Ensure all patrons remain happy and comfortable
- Close down and lock up theatre at the end of the evening
- Understand and implement all house management procedures
Skills and experience Needed
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Prior experience in house management and/or customer service
- Superior problem solving skills
- Acute attention to detail
- Knowledge of Tessitura helpful; but will train right person
- Must be CPR certified
Must be available for weeknight hours between 6:00pm and 11:00pm, and weekend hours between 12:00pm and 11:00pm for roughly 10–15 hours a week.
HOW TO APPLY
Woolly Mammoth Theatre Company is an equal opportunity employer. To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and references to Audience Services Manager Heather Newhouse at email@example.com with “House Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls please.